Dental & Medical Mortgages
Prompt action is required!
Tapered Pension Allowance – Act Before the 31 July deadline
The introduction of a tapered pension allowance in 2016 has effectively passed the responsibility to the member for checking if they are impacted and owe any tax charges.
This has taken thousands of medical professionals by surprise and has led to a build-up in unpaid tax charges.
“Many medical professionals are only now seeking the advice they need and many still do not understand the impact of this legislation.” Darren Scott-Guinness (Dental & Medical)
Since tapered annual allowance is calculated in relation to a member’s full income tax situation, an employer or pension scheme is unable to help in a constructive manner. High earners can be impacted by either excess pension growth, tapering, or indeed both outcomes
This is a complex area and requires the proficiency of financial advisers, with experience in providing the right calculations.
Expert help at no cost
More than 30% of those members facing tax charges arising from 2017/18 use the scheme pays route.
The deadline for scheme pays election is 31st July 2019, so prompt action is required.
Dental and Medical Financial Services is a firm of independent financial advisors (IFAs) specialising in the dental sector. As part of the service to our clients, we provide at no cost:
• Carry forward and tapering pension allowance calculations to determine if there is an excess tax charge
• The options available to the member in settling any tax charges, whether that is via the NHS scheme pays or via self-assessment.
If you want the help of an IFA who understands the NHS pension scheme, the complexities around ‘threshold and adjusted income', pension growth values, carry forward and tapering allowance calculations, don’t delay, contact Dental and Medical Financial Services.
Darren Direct: 01403 780771
T: 01403 780770
As specialist providers for the medical sector, we’ll find the mortgage that suits you best, whether your situation is straightforward or a little more complex.
We appreciate that as a doctor your time is often short. So in turn, we make the application process as smooth as possible, taking care of the research, the form filling and all communications.
Within the long-standing team at Dental & Medical Financial Services there are individual specialists to help you with residential mortgages, buy to-let mortgages or commercial loans.
They can also organise the necessary protection insurances to ensure you can meet payments in the event you are unable to work.
Our network of specialist lenders has been growing for over 25 years, forming trusted relationships that can benefit you when looking for a mortgage, or commercial finance.
Specialist Mortgages for Doctors
• Commercial practice loans
• Life cover insurance
"Dental & Medical Financial Services provided me with the lowest rate for my residential and commercial mortgages. I talked with other companies, but Dental & Medical Financial Services had the most product knowledge and presented me with the best options."
Dr Ashraf Chohan MBBS FRCS, Orthopaedic Consultant
Why choose Dental & Medical Financial Services?
• Speaking the same language is important - that’s why we make sure we know your profession inside out.
• Helping doctors with their mortgages has been our work for over 25 years – there aren’t many bridges we haven’t crossed.
• Our solid and established relationships with specialist lenders help you to realise your dreams - even if your situation is unusual.
• Our independence gives you a choice of financial products from the whole market – providing you with a full range of options.
• Choose an appointment that suits you – our 7-day a week service gives you flexibility to call or meet with us after usual working hours.
"Having been so disappointed with high street lenders, I have used Darren Scott-Guinness and his team to arrange a mortgage on two occasions. He offers a truly bespoke service that not only is professional and most efficient, but friendly and personal. He is always contactable and has managed to secure us an excellent mortgage deal…
Luff, Consultant Surgeon
Try our Mortgage Calculator or Get a Quote
T: 01403 780 770
- 7-day a week service with evening & weekend calls & appointments
- Priority member – straight to the front of the queue
- Specialist mortgage advisers for doctors
Other specialist services include:
- Retirement Planning
- Pensions advice
- Wealth Management
- Savings & Investment Planning
- Taxation & Trusts Advice
Back to Financial & Legal Services